Importing backup files can be helpful if the Veeam Backup & Replication configuration database is corrupted or if you want to import Veeam Plug-in backup files to another backup repository.
To import Veeam Plug-in backup files to another backup repository, do the following:
- Copy the folder that contains backup files to the target backup repository connected to Veeam Backup & Replication.
- Use the Veeam Backup & Replication console to log on to target Veeam Backup & Replication.
- Open the Backup Infrastructure view.
- In the inventory pane of the Backup Infrastructure view, select the Backup Repositories node.
- In the working area, select the required backup repository and click Rescan on the ribbon. Alternatively, you can right-click the backup repository and select Rescan.
- On the SAP on Oracle server, change the target backup repository in the Veeam Plug-in settings:
sudo SapOracleBackintConfigTool --set-repository
Available backup repositories:
Enter repository number: 1
SID SH2 has been configured
- Run the --map-backup command:
sudo SapOracleBackintConfigTool --map-backup
If backup files are not imported according to instructions given above, the backup and restore processes can fail.