Installing Plug-in on Oracle Solaris
Veeam Plug-in for Oracle RMAN is an additional component of Veeam Backup & Replication, and the installation package of the plug-in is included in the Veeam Backup & Replication installation ISO file.
Veeam Plug-in for Oracle RMAN must be installed on a machine where the target Oracle Database is deployed.
To install Veeam Plug-in, the /opt/veeam directory must be writable.
To install Veeam Plug-in for Oracle RMAN on a Solaris machine, do the following:
- Mount the Veeam Backup & Replication installation disk.
If you deploy Veeam Backup & Replication infrastructure for the first time, you can download Veeam Backup & Replication at: https://www.veeam.com/backup-replication-vcp-download.html.
- In the installation disk folder, go to Plugins\Oracle RMAN\Solaris. Select your system: i386 or SPARC.
- Copy the Veeam Plug-in installation package (VeeamPluginforOracleRMAN-XX.X.X.XXXX-1.SPARC.pkg) to Oracle Solaris server.
- Install the plug-in from package with root privileges. Make sure the root user has privileges to add the PKG file.
pkgadd -d /tmp/VeeamPluginforOracleRMAN-X.X.X.XXXX.SPARC.pkg
- Once Veeam Plug-in is installed, you can configure the plug-in settings. For details, see Configuring Plug-in on Linux and Unix Machines.