Installing Veeam Plug-in on Solaris Machine
Veeam Plug-in for Oracle RMAN must be installed on a machine where the target Oracle Database is deployed.
To install Veeam Plug-in, the /opt/veeam directory must be writable.
To install Veeam Plug-in for Oracle RMAN on an Oracle Solaris machine, do the following:
- Mount the Veeam Backup & Replication installation disk.
- In the installation disk folder, go to Plugins\Oracle RMAN\Solaris. Select your system: i386 or SPARC.
- Copy the Veeam Plug-in installation package (VeeamPluginforOracleRMAN-XX.X.X.XXXX.SPARC.pkg) to the Oracle Solaris server.
- Install the plug-in from package with root privileges. Make sure the root user has privileges to add the PKG file.
pkgadd -d /tmp/VeeamPluginforOracleRMAN-X.X.X.XXXX.SPARC.pkg
- Once Veeam Plug-in is installed, you can configure the plug-in settings. For details, see Configuring Plug-in on Linux and Solaris Machines.