Before You Begin
Before you create an application backup policy in the Veeam Backup & Replication console, check the following prerequisites:
- The Veeam Backup & Replication license must have a sufficient number of instances to process computers that you plan to add to the application backup policy.
- The target location where you plan to store backup files must have enough free space.
- Protection groups that you want to add to the policy must be configured in advance.
Application backup policies have the following limitations:
- One backup object (computer, database system, or database) can be added only to one application backup policy. Otherwise, the application backup policy will fail.
- You can create application backups in a Veeam backup repository. If you want to save backups in other target locations, you must configure backup job on the computer side.
- After you start managing a Veeam Plug-in with Veeam Backup & Replication, data backup for the computer is performed by a backup policy configured in Veeam Backup & Replication. Veeam Plug-in running on the computer starts a new backup chain on a target location specified in the backup policy settings. You cannot continue the existing backup chain that was created by Veeam Plug-in operating in the standalone mode.