Installing Veeam Plug-in on Linux Machine
Veeam Plug-in for Oracle RMAN must be installed on a machine where the target Oracle Database is deployed.
To install Veeam Plug-in, the /opt/veeam directory must be writable.
To install Veeam Plug-in on a Linux machine, perform the following steps.
- Mount the Veeam Backup & Replication installation disk.
- In the installation disk folder, go to Plugins\Oracle RMAN\Linux.
- You can install the plug-in using the RPM package or .TAR.GZ bundle. Do one of the following, depending on the type of package suitable for your OS. Note that operations in the terminal of the Linux machine require root privileges.
- To install from the RPM package:
- Upload the VeeamPluginforOracleRMAN-X.X.X.XXXX.x86_64.rpm package to the Oracle server. If you need the 32-bit version, choose the i386 package.
- To install Veeam Plug-in, run the following command:
rpm -i VeeamPluginforOracleRMAN-X.X.X.XXXX.x86_64.rpm
- To install from the TAR.GZ bundle:
- Upload the VeeamPluginforOracleRMAN.tar.gz file to the Oracle server.
- Create the /opt/veeam folder and unpack the tar.gz bundle to this directory.
tar -xzvf -i VeeamPluginforOracleRMAN.tar.gz -C /opt/veeam