Before You Begin
In this article
Before you create a backup copy job, check the prerequisites and limitations:
- If you create a backup copy job for a backup of Veeam Plug-in version 9.5 Update 4, the backups will not be copied. Veeam Plug-in will issue a warning that you must upgrade Veeam Plug-in to version 10. After you upgrade the plug-in and create a new restore point, backup copy job will start to function and copy backup files created by both plug-in versions.
- Backup infrastructure components that will take part in the backup copy process must be added to the backup infrastructure and properly configured. These include source and target backup repositories between which backups must be copied.
- The target backup repository must have enough free space to store copied backups. To receive alerts about low space on the backup repository, configure global notification settings. For more information, see Specifying Other Notification Settings.
- For Veeam Plug-in backup copy jobs, you cannot select a Veeam Cloud Connect repository as a backup copy target.
- If you have upgraded the backup files, make sure that you have upgraded Veeam Plug-in on the source server. If the plug-in is not upgraded to version 11 and you convert backup copy files to backup files, then the next backup job runs will fail.