To specify storage settings for the backup job:
- In the Advanced Settings window, select the Storage tab.
- In the Compression level field, select a compression level for the backup: None, Dedupe-friendly, Optimal, High or Extreme. For more information on compression levels, see Data Compression.
- In the Storage optimization field, select what type of backup target you plan to use: Local, LAN or WAN. Depending on the chosen storage type, Veeam Agent will use data blocks of different size to optimize the size of backup files and job performance. For more information on storage optimization, see Data Compression.
- If you want to encrypt the content of backup files, in the Encryption section, specify encryption settings for the backup job:
- Select the Enable backup file encryption check box.
- In the Password field, type a password that you want to use for encryption.
- In the Hint field, type a hint for the password. In case you lose the password, the specified hint will help you to remember the lost password.
Consider the following: