Microsoft Azure Storage Settings
If you have selected to store backup files on a Microsoft Azure storage, specify the following settings:
The Account step of the wizard is available if you have chosen to save backup files on a Microsoft Azure storage.
The Allow storage account key access option for Shared Key authorization must be enabled in the storage account. For more information on how to find this option, see Microsoft Docs.
To connect to the Microsoft Azure storage, specify the following:
- In the Account field, enter the storage account name.
- In the Shared key field, enter the storage account shared key.
- In the Region window, select a Microsoft Azure region based on your regulatory and compliance requirements. By default, Veeam Agent uses the Azure Global (Standard) region.
The Container step of the wizard is available if you have chosen to save backup files on a Microsoft Azure storage and specified account settings to connect to the storage.
Specify settings for the container on the storage:
- In the Container field, specify a container on the storage:
- Click Browse.
- In the Containers window, select the necessary container and click OK.
- In the Folder field, specify a folder in the bucket:
- Click Browse.
- In the Folders window, select the necessary folder and click OK.
You can also create a new folder in the bucket. To do this:
- In the Retention policy section, specify the number of restore points that you want to store in the target location. By default, Veeam Agent keeps 7 latest restore points. After this number is exceeded, Veeam Agent will remove the earliest restore points from the backup chain. To learn more, see Backup Retention Policy.
- Click Advanced to specify additional backup job settings. For details, see Specify Advanced Backup Settings.
- To prohibit modification and deletion of blocks of data from the object storage repository, select the Make recent backups immutable for check box and specify the immutability period in days. For more information, see Backup Immutability.
- After you specified the bucket settings, click Next. Veeam Agent will create a new backup repository for the configured cloud storage.