Granting Permissions to Users
When you install Veeam Agent for Mac, the product program files are placed to the folders on the system volume. For full access to Veeam Agent files, the administrator account is required. Rights to execute product files and run commands are also granted to users that belong to the veeam group.
The veeam group is automatically created by Veeam Agent at the process of the product installation. To let regular users work with Veeam Agent without the need to gain root privileges, you can add the necessary users to this group. Users in the veeam group will be able to execute Veeam Agent commands and perform backup and restore tasks under regular user account.
Consider the following:
To add a user to the veeam group:
- In the upper-left corner of the screen, click the Apple menu > System Preferences.
- In System Preferences, click the Users & Groups pane.
- In the bottom-left corner, click the lock icon and enter the administrator password to allow editing.
- In the list of services, expand the Groups pane.
- In the list of users, select the check box next to the user you want to add to the group.
- Close the window.
Alternatively, you can add a user to the veeam group with the command line interface.