Command Line Interface
Veeam Agent command line interface is a powerful tool that lets users perform advanced operations that are not supported by the Veeam Agent control panel.
To work with Veeam Agent using command line interface, you can use a terminal console or a terminal emulator of your choice. All tasks in Veeam Agent are performed with the veeamconfig command line utility. To perform tasks with Veeam Agent, you should construct the necessary command and type it in the terminal prompt.
You can view short help information on every Veeam Agent command at any time you need. To learn more, see Viewing Help.
In Veeam Agent command line interface, in addition to operations that you can perform with the Veeam Agent graphic user interface, you can perform a set of advanced tasks — for example:
- Synchronize Veeam Agent with Veeam backup server.
- Edit backup repository settings.
- Monitor performance and status of any backup, restore and other data transfer session that was started in Veeam Agent.
- Export/import Veeam Agent configuration database to/from a configuration file.
You should construct a command in the following format:
veeamconfig <command_1> <command_2> --<parameter_1> --<parameter_2> --<parameter_n>
- <command_1> — command that defines a type of an object with which you want to perform a task. Currently, the following commands are available in Veeam Agent:
- <command_2> — command that defines a task that you want to perform with an object of the specified type. For example, you can perform the following commands with backup repositories:
- <parameter_1>, <parameter_2>, <parameter_n> — parameters for the command that you want to execute. Commands may require one or several mandatory or optional parameters. Some commands, for example, veeamconfig ui and veeamconfig [<command>] help do not require parameters.
The following example shows the command that displays a list of backup repositories configured in Veeam Agent and the output of this command:
user@wrk01:~$ veeamconfig repository list
You can view short help information on the specific Veeam Agent command. To view help, use the following command:
veeamconfig <command> help
<command> — name of the command for which you want to view help information.
user@wrk01:~$ veeamconfig help
user@wrk01:~$ veeamconfig job help
user@wrk01:~$ veeamconfig job create help