Veeam Cloud Connect Settings
If you have selected to store backup files on a Veeam Cloud Connect repository, specify settings to connect to the cloud repository:
- Specify service provider settings.
- Verify TLS certificate and specify user account settings.
- Select the cloud repository.
The Veeam Cloud Connect repository option is available only in the Workstation or Server editions of Veeam Agent for Mac.
Specifying Service Provider Settings
The Service Provider step of the wizard is available if you have chosen to save backup files on a Veeam Cloud Connect repository.
Specify settings for the cloud gateway that the Veeam Cloud Connect service provider (SP) or your backup administrator has provided to you:
- In the DNS name or IP address field, enter a full DNS name or IP address of the cloud gateway.
- In the Port field, specify the port over which Veeam Agent will communicate with the cloud gateway. By default, Veeam Agent uses port 6180.
Specifying User Account Settings
The Credentials step of the wizard is available if you have chosen to save backup files on a cloud repository and specified settings for the cloud gateway.
Verify TLS certificate settings and specify settings for the tenant account or subtenant account that you want to use to connect to the cloud repository.
- In the certificate details section, review information about the TLS certificate obtained from the SP side and verify the TLS certificate
- [Optional] To verify the TLS certificate with a thumbprint, do the following:
- In the Thumbprint for certificate verification field, paste the thumbprint you obtained from the SP.
- Click Verify. Veeam Agent will check if the thumbprint you entered matches the thumbprint of the obtained TLS certificate.
- In the Username field, enter the name of the tenant or subtenant account that the SP or your backup administrator has provided to you. The name of the subtenant account must be specified in the TENANT\SUBTENANT format.
- In the Password field, provide a password for the tenant or subtenant account.
The Backup Resources step of the wizard is available if you have chosen to save backup files on a cloud repository and specified settings to connect to the SP.
Specify settings for the cloud repository:
- From the Available cloud repositories list, select a cloud repository where you want to store created backups. The Available cloud repositories list displays only those cloud repositories that can be accessed by the tenant or subtenant account that you use to connect to the service provider.
- In the Retention policy section, specify the number of restore points for Veeam Agent to store in the target location. By default, Veeam Agent keeps 7 restore points. To learn more, see Backup Retention Policy.
- Click Advanced to specify advanced settings for the backup job. To learn more, see Specify Advanced Backup Settings.