A backup job configured in Veeam Backup & Replication for Veeam Agent for Mac creates backup files in a backup repository. A backup repository is a folder on the storage where you want to keep backup files. You can use the following types of disk-based storage to create a backup repository:
- Local (internal) storage of the protected machine (not recommended).
- Direct attached storage (DAS), such as USB, eSATA or Firewire external drives.
- Network Attached Storage (NAS) able to represent itself as SMB (CIFS) share.
- Veeam Backup & Replication 11 backup repository.
- Veeam Backup & Replication 11 cloud repository.