Before You Begin
Before you configure the backup job, check the following prerequisites:
- The target location where you plan to store backup files must have enough free space.
- [For Veeam Backup & Replication repository targets] You can store created backups in a backup repository only if the backup server runs Veeam Backup & Replication 12 or later.
- [For Veeam Backup & Replication repository targets] If you plan to use a Veeam Backup & Replication repository as a target for backups, you must pre-configure user access permissions on this backup repository. To learn more, see Setting Up User Permissions on Backup Repositories.
- [For object storage repositories] If you plan to use an object storage repository as a target for backups, you must set up an account with the storage provider. The account must have permissions to read and write data.
Backup has the following limitations:
- You cannot save the backup of entire computer on the local computer disk. Use an external hard drive or USB drive, network shared folder or backup repository as a target location.
- Veeam Agent does not back up data to which symbolic links are targeted. It only backs up the path information that the symbolic links contain. After restore, identical symbolic links are created in the restore destination.
- Keep in mind that Veeam Agent stops running the backup job after 21 days (504 hours).