S3 Compatible Settings
If you have selected to store backup files on an S3 compatible storage, specify the following settings:
The Account step of the wizard is available if you have chosen to save backup files on an S3 compatible storage.
You can store backups only in the S3 compatible storage repositories that are accessible over the HTTPs protocol.
To connect to the S3 compatible storage, specify the following:
- In the Service point field, specify the address of your S3 compatible storage.
If you want to connect to the repository using the IPv6 address and the port number, you must use the following format: IPv6:port, where:
- In the Region field, specify a storage region based on your regulatory and compliance requirements.
- In the Access key field, enter an access key ID.
- In the Secret key field, enter a secret access key.
The Bucket step of the wizard is available if you have chosen to save backup files on an S3 compatible storage and specified account settings to connect to the storage.
Specify settings for the bucket on the storage:
- In the Bucket field, specify a bucket on the storage:
- Click Browse.
- In the Buckets window, select the necessary bucket and click OK.
- In the Folder field, specify a folder in the bucket:
- Click Browse.
- In the Folders window, select the necessary folder and click OK.
You can also create a new folder in the bucket. To do this:
- In the Retention policy section, specify the number of restore points that you want to store in the target location. By default, Veeam Agent keeps 7 latest restore points. After this number is exceeded, Veeam Agent will remove the earliest restore points from the backup chain. To learn more, see Backup Retention Policy.
- Starting from version 2.1, you can use the GFS (Grandfather-Father-Son) retention scheme. To specify the GFS retention policy, select the Keep certain full backups longer for archival purposes check box and press Configure. In the Configure GFS window, specify how weekly, monthly and yearly full backups must be retained. For details, see Specify GFS Retention Policy.
- Click Advanced to specify additional backup job settings. For details, see Specify Advanced Backup Settings.
- To prohibit modification and deletion of blocks of data in the object storage repository, select the Make recent backups immutable for check box and specify the immutability period in days. For more information, see Backup Immutability.
- After you specified the bucket settings, click Next. Veeam Agent will create a new backup repository for the configured cloud storage.