Viewing Statistics and Logs of Backup Sessions
You can view statistics for a job session in the Veeam Agent control panel. Veeam Agent shows detailed data for every backup job session: job progress, duration, processing rate, performance bottlenecks, amount of processed data, read and transferred data, as well as details of the operations performed during the session, including warnings and errors that can occur in the process of the backup. If the session is running, you can view the statistics in real time.
To view the log of a selected backup session, do the following:
- Select a backup job. In the main pane of the control panel, Veeam Agent will display the list of sessions for the selected backup job.
- Select a session.
- Click View Log. Veeam Agent will display a window with information on the selected session.
Veeam Agent displays the following for each backup job session:
- The pane at the top of the window lists the operations performed during the backup job session, their start time and duration time, as well as operation status. Operations can have the following statuses:
- Information — marks messages that inform about a certain stage of the process — for example, Preparing for backup or Processing finished.
- In Progress — marks operations being performed. You can view such operation status if you are monitoring a running session.
- Success — marks operations that completed successfully.
- Warning — marks operations that completed with warnings.
- Error — marks operations that failed.
- The Summary section shows general information about the job:
- Duration — time from the job start till the job end.
- Processing rate — average speed of data processing. This counter is a ratio between the amount of processed data (Processed counter) and job duration (Duration counter).
- Bottleneck — bottleneck in the data transmission process.
- The Data section shows information about processed data:
- Processed — total size of data processed by the backup job.
- Read — amount of data read from the backed-up computer by Veeam Agent prior to applying compression. For incremental job runs, the value of this counter is typically lower than the value of the Processed counter. Veeam Agent reads only data blocks that have changed since the last job session, processes and copies these data blocks to the target location.
- Transferred — amount of data transferred from the backed-up computer to the backup location after applying compression. This counter does not directly indicate the size of the resulting files. Depending on the backup infrastructure and job settings, Veeam Agent can perform additional activities with data — for example, decompress data prior to writing the file to disk. These activities can impact the size of the resulting file.