Specifying Google Cloud Storage Settings
If you have selected to store backup files on a Google Cloud storage repository, specify settings to connect to the storage:
The Account step of the wizard is available if you have chosen to save backup files on a Google Cloud storage.
To connect to the Google Cloud storage, in the Access key and Secret key fields, specify the Hash-based Message Authentication Code (HMAC) key associated with the Google Cloud account. Veeam Agent will use the HMAC key to authenticate requests to the Google Cloud storage. For more information on Google Cloud accounts, see the Google Cloud documentation.
If you have not created the HMAC key beforehand, you can create the key in the Google Cloud console, as described in the Google Cloud documentation.
The Bucket step of the wizard is available if you have chosen to save backup files on a Google Cloud storage and specified account settings to connect to the storage.
Specify settings for the bucket on the storage:
- In the Data center window, select the geographic region where Veeam Agent will store backups.
- In the Bucket field, specify a bucket on the storage:
- Click Browse.
- In the Buckets window, select the necessary bucket and click OK.
- In the Folder field, specify a folder in the bucket:
- Click Browse.
- In the Folders window, select the necessary folder and click OK.
You can also create a new folder in the bucket. To do this:
- In the Retention policy section, specify the number of restore points that you want to store in the target location. By default, Veeam Agent keeps 7 latest restore points. After this number is exceeded, Veeam Agent will remove the earliest restore points from the backup chain. To learn more, see Backup Retention Policy.
- Click Advanced to specify additional backup job settings. For details, see Specify Advanced Backup Settings.
- After you specified the bucket settings, click Next. Veeam Agent will create a new backup repository for the configured cloud storage.