After You Install
To perform the initial configuration of Veeam Backup for Microsoft Azure, do the following:
- In a web browser, navigate to the Veeam Backup for Microsoft Azure.
The URL consists of a public IPv4 address or DNS hostname of the Azure VM where Veeam Backup for Microsoft Azure is installed. Note that the website is available over HTTPS only.
- IPv4 address — https://126.96.36.199
- Public DNS hostname — https://abc.ukwest.cloudapp.azure.com/
Internet Explorer is not supported. To access Veeam Backup for Microsoft Azure, use Microsoft Edge (version 40 or later), Mozilla Firefox (version 56 or later) or Google Chrome (version 62 or later).
- Read and accept both the Veeam license agreement and the 3rd party components license agreement. If you reject the agreements, you will not be able to continue installation.
To read the terms of the license agreement for the 3rd party components, click 3rd party components license agreement.
- In the Username and Password fields, specify credentials of the Administrator account that was created during product installation. In future, you can add other users to grant access to Veeam Backup for Microsoft Azure. For more information, see Adding Backup Administrator Accounts.
To increase the security of the Administrator account, it is recommended that you enable multi-factor authentication (MFA) for the account after you first log in to Veeam Backup for Microsoft Azure. To learn how to enable MFA, see Enabling Multi-Factor Authentication.
- Generate a new certificate for Veeam Backup for Microsoft Azure, as described in Replacing Web Certificate.
- Download and install product updates, as described in Updating Veeam Backup for Microsoft Azure.