Managing Service Accounts
For each data protection and disaster recovery operation performed for an Azure resource, you must specify a service account that has access to the resource and a set of permissions that determine what operations are allowed for the resource.
Particularly, Veeam Backup for Microsoft Azure uses service accounts to perform the following tasks:
- To synchronize the Microsoft Azure environment data with the configuration data stored on the backup appliance.
- To access blob containers used as target locations for backed-up data.
- To create and remove snapshots of Azure VMs.
- To create and remove snapshots of Azure file shares.
- To manage worker instances.
In This Section