Step 2. Select Restore Point
At the Virtual Machine step of the wizard, you can select a restore point that will be used to recover files and folders of the selected Azure VM. By default, Veeam Backup for Microsoft Azure uses the latest valid restore point.
To select a restore point, do the following:
- Click Change Restore Point.
- In the Specify Restore Point window, select the necessary restore point and click Apply.
To help you choose a restore point, Veeam Backup for Microsoft Azure provides the following information on each available restore point:
- Created — the date when the restore point was created.
- Backup Destination — the type of the restore point:
- <Repository Name> — an image-level backup. If you select this option, Veeam Backup for Microsoft Azure will launch a worker instance.
- Snapshot — cloud-native snapshot.
If you select a restore point stored in an archive repository, you will be redirected to the Data Retrieval wizard. Complete the Data Retrieval wizard, wait until the retrieval operation completes and then launch the File-Level Recovery wizard again. For more information on data retrieval options, see Retrieving Data From Archive.