Step 2. Select Restore Point
At the Virtual Machine step of the wizard, you can select a restore point that will be used to recover files and folders of the selected Azure VM. By default, Veeam Backup for Microsoft Azure uses the latest valid restore point.
To select a restore point, do the following:
- Select the necessary Azure VM from the list and click Change Restore Point.
- In the Select Restore Point window, select the necessary restore point and click Select.
To help you choose a restore point, Veeam Backup for Microsoft Azure provides the following information on each available restore point:
- Created — the date when the restore point was created.
- Backup Destination — the type of the restore point:
- Backup Repository — perform a restore from an image-level backup. If you select this option, Veeam Backup for Microsoft Azure will launch a worker instance.
- Snapshot — perform a restore from a snapshot that resides in the associated Azure resource group.