Step 6. Specify Disk Settings
[This step applies only if you have selected the Restore to a new location, or different settings option at the Restore Mode step of the wizard]
At the Disks step of the wizard, you can configure disk properties for each restored virtual disk:
- Select the necessary disk.
- Click Edit.
- In the Disk properties window, do the following:
- In the Disk name field, specify a new name for the restored virtual disk.
- From the Resource group drop-down list, select a resource group where the restored virtual disk will belong.
For a resource group to be displayed in the list of available resource groups, it must be created in the Microsoft Azure portal as described in Microsoft Docs.
- From the Disk type drop-down list, select a type for the restored virtual disk. For more information on disk types, see Microsoft Docs.
You cannot convert managed virtual disks into unmanaged, but you can convert unmanaged virtual disks into managed.
- [Applies only to unmanaged disks] From the Storage account drop-down list, select an Azure storage account to which you want to restore the selected virtual disk.
For a storage account to be displayed in the Storage account list, it must be created in the Microsoft Azure portal as described in Microsoft Docs.
- [Applies only to managed disks] From the Availability Zone drop-down list, select an Availability Zone to which you want to place the restored virtual disk.
- To save changes made to the virtual disk settings, click Apply.