Specifying Yearly Schedule
[This step applies only if you have instructed Veeam Backup for Microsoft Azure to create image-level backups at the Targets step of the wizard]
To create a yearly schedule for the backup policy, at the Schedule step of the wizard, do the following:
- Set the Yearly retention toggle to On and click Edit yearly settings.
- In the Yearly schedule window, specify a day, month and time when the backup policy must create backups.
If you have selected a specific time for the backup policy to run at the Weekly schedule or Monthly schedule sections of the Schedule step of the wizard, you will not be able to change the time for the yearly schedule.
- In the Keep backups for field, specify the number of years for which you want to keep restore points in a backup chain.
If a restore point is older than the specified time limit, Veeam Backup for Microsoft Azure removes the restore point from the chain. For more information, see Retention Policy for Backups.
- In the Repository section, select a backup repository where the created backups must be stored. For a backup repository to be displayed, it must be created as described in Adding Backup Repositories section.
Consider that to restore data from a repository with archive tier applied, you first need to retrieve data from it as described in Performing Azure SQL Restore (step 6).
Repositories with different encryption settings cannot be used. Make sure the encryption option is enabled or disabled on all specified repositories.
- To save changes made to the backup policy settings, click Apply.