Checking Service Account Permissions
For each service account, you can check whether the account has all the permissions required to access Azure resources that you want to protect:
- Switch to the Configuration page.
- Navigate to Accounts > Service Accounts.
- Select the service account and click Check Permissions.
If any of the permission checks fail, do the following:
- Click Export Permissions. Veeam Backup for Microsoft Azure will save the .JSON file with the full list of all required permissions to the default download directory on the local machine. For more information on the required permissions, see Service Account Permissions.
- Use the downloaded file to create a custom role in Microsoft Azure as described in Microsoft Docs.
- Assign the created role to the Azure AD Application associated with the new service account as described in Microsoft Docs.
To make sure that the missing permissions have been successfully granted, click Recheck.
To see the list of operations that Veeam Backup for Microsoft Azure will be able to perform using permissions of a service account, select the service account and click View Info.