Specifying Daily Schedule
To create a daily schedule for the backup policy, at the Schedule step of the wizard, do the following:
- Set the Daily retention toggle to On and click Edit Daily Settings.
- In the Create daily schedule window, select hours when Veeam Backup for Microsoft Azure will create snapshots.
Since Veeam Backup for Microsoft Azure runs retention sessions at 12:15 AM according to the time zone set on the backup appliance, it is not recommended that you schedule backup policies to execute at 12:15 AM. Otherwise, Veeam Backup for Microsoft Azure will not be able to run the retention sessions.
- Use the Run at drop-down list to choose whether you want the backup policy to run everyday, on weekdays (Monday through Friday) or on specific days.
- In the Daily retention section, specify the number of restore points that you want to keep in a snapshot chain.
If the restore point limit is exceeded, Veeam Backup for Microsoft Azure removes the earliest restore point from the chain. For more information, see Retention Policy for Snapshots.
- To save changes made to the backup policy settings, click Apply.