You can configure Veeam Backup for Microsoft Azure to send email notifications on backup policy results and, additionally, generate and send daily reports. The daily report contains cumulative statistics for backup policy and snapshot retention sessions performed within the last 24-hour period.
To configure notification settings, do the following:
- In the System Menu, click Configuration.
- In the inventory pane, in the Server Settings section, select Settings.
- On the E-mail Settings tab, select the Enable e-mail notifications check box.
- In the SMTP Server field, specify a DNS name or an IP address of the SMTP server.
All email notifications (including test messages) and daily reports will be sent by this SMTP server.
- Click Advanced to specify user credentials and connection settings.
In the Advanced SMTP Options window:
- Specify the port number and connection timeout for the SMTP server.
- To use a secure connection for email operations, select the Connect using SSL check box.
- If you need to connect to the SMTP server using a specific account, select the This SMTP server requires authentication check box and select the necessary credentials record from the Log on as list. For more information on how to add credentials records for SMTP servers to the configuration database, see Adding SMTP Accounts.
If you have not set up credentials beforehand, click Add on the right to add credentials.
- Click Apply.
- In the From field, specify an email address from which email notifications must be sent.
- In the To field, specify a recipient email address. Use a semicolon to separate multiple addresses.
For every particular policy, you can specify additional recipients. For more information, see Specify Backup Policy Settings.
- In the Subject field, specify a subject for the sent message.
You can use the following variables in the subject:
- %JobName% — the backup policy name
- [%JobResult%] — the backup policy result
- (%ObjectCount% instances) — number of Microsoft Azure VMs in the backup policy
- %Issues% — number of Microsoft Azure VMs in the backup policy that have been processed with the Warning or Failed status
- In the Notify me immediately about section, select occasions on which you want Veeam Backup for Microsoft Azure to send email notifications:
- Success — select this check box to receive an email notification if a backup policy completes successfully.
- Warning — select this check box to receive an email notification if a backup policy completes with a warning.
- Failure — select this check box to receive an email notification if a backup policy fails.
- To receive daily reports, select the Send daily report at check box and specify the time when a report must be generated and sent.
- Click Save.
Veeam Backup for Microsoft Azure allows sending a test email notification to check if all settings have been configured correctly. To send a test email notification, click Send Test E-mail.