Configuring Notification Settings
Veeam Backup for Microsoft Azure allows you to specify email notification settings for automated delivery of reports. The daily report contains cumulative statistics for backup policy and snapshot retention sessions run within the past 24-hour period.
To connect an SMTP server that will be used for sending email notifications, do the following:
- Switch to the Configuration page.
- Navigate to Settings > E-mail Settings.
- Select the Enable e-mail notifications check box.
- In the SMTP Server field, specify a domain name or an IP address of the SMTP server. All email notifications (including test messages) and daily reports will be sent by this SMTP server.
- Click Advanced to specify user credentials and connection settings.
In the Advanced SMTP Options window:
- Specify the port number and connection timeout for the SMTP server. The default SMTP port is 25.
- For an SMTP server with SSL/TLS support, select the Connect using SSL check box to enable SSL data encryption.
- If your SMTP server requires authentication, select the This SMTP server requires authentication check box and select the necessary account from the Log on as drop-down list.
For an SMTP account to be displayed in the Log on as list, it must be added to the configuration database as described in section Adding Accounts. If you have not set up credentials beforehand, click Add on the right to add credentials.
- Click Save.
- In the From field, enter an email address of the notification sender. This email address will be displayed in the From field of notifications.
- In the To field, specify the recipient addresses. Use a semicolon to separate multiple addresses.
For each particular policy, you can specify additional recipients. For more information on backup policies, see Performing Backup.
If you specify the same email recipient in both backup policy notification and global notification settings, Veeam Backup for Microsoft Azure will override the configured notification settings and will send each notification to this recipient only once to avoid the notification duplicates. If the email specified in backup policy notification settings is different - notifications will be sent to the email set in the policy.
- In the Subject field, specify a subject for notification messages. You can use the following variables in the subject:
- %JobName% — a backup policy name.
- %JobResult% — a backup policy result.
- %ObjectCount% — the number of Azure resources in the backup policy.
- %Issues% — the number of Azure resources in the backup policy with the Warning or Failed status.
- In the Notify me immediately about section, select the Success, Warning or Failure check boxes to receive email notifications on policies that completed successfully, failed or completed with warnings.
- To receive daily reports, select the Send daily report at check box and specify at what time reports will be generated and sent.
- Click Save.
Veeam Backup for Microsoft Azure allows you to send a test message to check whether you have configured email settings correctly. To do that, click Send Test E-mail. A test email will be sent to the specified email address.