Configuring Veeam Backup for Microsoft Azure
To start working with Veeam Backup for Microsoft Azure, perform a number of steps for its configuration:
- Add backup appliances to the backup infrastructure.
- Add repositories that will be used to store backed-up data.
This step applies if you plan to protect Azure VMs or Azure SQL databases with backups.
- Add service accounts to get access to Azure services and resources.
- [Optional] Add user accounts to control access to Veeam Backup for Microsoft Azure.
- [Optional] Configure worker instance settings.
If you do not configure settings for worker instances, Veeam Backup for Microsoft Azure will use the default settings of Azure regions where worker instances will be launched.
Even after you add accounts that manage your Azure resources and configure all the necessary settings, Veeam Backup for Microsoft Azure will populate neither the list of Azure VMs nor the list of Azure SQL databases nor the list of Azure file shares on the Resources tab — unless you create backup policies and specify regions where the Azure resources belong, as described in section Performing Backup.