To open Veeam Explorer for SAP HANA, you can use either of the following methods:
- Restore from an SAP HANA backup in Veeam Backup & Replication, created either with an application backup policy or a backup job managed by a standalone Veeam Plug-in for SAP HANA.
For more information, see Required Backup Job Settings.
- Go to Start and click Veeam Explorer for SAP HANA.
If you open Veeam Explorer for SAP HANA from the Start menu on a machine that runs the Veeam Backup & Replication console and Veeam Explorers only, specify the following:
- The domain name or IP address of the backup server to which you want to connect
- The port number
- User account credentials
Consider the following:
- To perform recovery operations, Veeam Explorer for SAP HANA must be run with elevated permissions. The user account must be a member of the local Administrators group on the machine where Veeam Explorers Suite is installed.
- The account must have the Veeam Backup Administrator or Veeam Restore Operator role on the backup server.
To use the account under which Veeam Explorer for SAP HANA is running, select Use Windows session authentication.
To save the connection shortcut to the desktop, click Save shortcut in the bottom-left corner.
In This Section