The following table lists required permissions for user accounts to back up and restore Microsoft SharePoint data.
Required Roles and Permissions
For more information, see:
Restore to on-premises Microsoft SharePoint from backups created by Veeam Backup & Replication and Veeam Backup for Microsoft Office 365
To restore data to on-premises SharePoint, make sure to configure user accounts as follows:
Restore to Microsoft Office 365 from backups created by Veeam Backup for Microsoft Office 365
To restore data to SharePoint Online, make sure to configure user accounts as follows:
Consider the following:
- The current account can only be used to access a local staging server. To connect to a remote server, use appropriate authentication credentials to access that server.
- The account requires the sysadmin fixed server role on a staging Microsoft SQL server.
- For ADFS as an authentication provider:
- When using Windows Authentication, you can use both you current account or provide another account.
- When using Forms Authentication, the current account cannot be used.