Launching Application and Exploring Backups
To open Veeam Explorer for Microsoft Teams and load backups, do either of the following:
- Use the Explore option to load backups created in Veeam Backup for Microsoft Office 365.
For more information, see the Data Restore section of the Veeam Backup for Microsoft Office 365 User Guide.
When loading backups located in object storage repositories, Veeam Explorer for Microsoft Teams will notify you about the location of these backups. You can select the Don't show this message again check box to unsubscribe from such notifications. To disable these notifications, clear the Show pop-up notifications on startup check box, as described in Configuring Advanced Settings.
- Go to Start, click Veeam Explorer for Microsoft Teams and connect to the Veeam Backup for Microsoft Office 365 server or manually open databases that contain Microsoft Office 365 data, as described in the Standalone Databases section.
If you open Veeam Explorer for Microsoft Teams from the Start menu on a machine that runs the Veeam Backup & Replication console and Veeam Explorers only, specify the following:
- The domain name or IP address of a server to which you want to connect
- The port number
- User account credentials
Consider the following:
- To perform recovery operations, Veeam Explorer for Microsoft Teams must be run with elevated permissions. The user account must be a member of the local Administrators group on the machine where Veeam Explorers Suite is installed.
- The account must have the Veeam Backup Administrator or Veeam Restore Operator role on the target backup server.
To use the account under which Veeam Explorer for Microsoft Teams is running, select Use Windows session authentication.
To save the connection shortcut to the desktop, click the Save shortcut link in the bottom-left corner.
In This Section