Once published, the database can be exported as an RMAN backup so that you can save the changes you may have made on the target server. For example, after publishing a database, you may have added a column or alter some values. In order to save these modifications before you unpublish the database, you can use the export feature.
To export a database, do the following:
- In the navigation pane, under the Published databases node, select a published database.
- On the Publish tab, select Export as RMAN Backup or right-click a published database and select Export as RMAN Backup.
- In the Specify export path field, specify the location to which you want to export database files.
If the folder you are specifying does not exist, it will be created.
- In the File name format field, specify the format according to which your files will be named after the export.
For more information, see this Oracle article.
- In the Specify tag name field, specify a new tag name.
- To compress files using native Oracle compression, select the Enable compression check box.
- In the Channels number numeric field, specify the number of channels to be used when retrieving Oracle databases from the backup.
- Click Export.