Exporting as RMAN Backup
Once published, the database can be exported as an RMAN backup so that you can save the changes you may have made on the target server. For example, after publishing a database, you may have added a column or alter some values. In order to save these modifications before you unpublish the database, you can use the export feature.
To export a database, do the following:
- In the navigation pane, under the Published databases node, select a published database.
- On the Publish tab, select Export as RMAN backup or right-click a published database and select Export as RMAN backup.
- In the Export wizard, in the Export path field, specify the location to which you want to export database files.
If the folder you are specifying does not exist, it will be created.
- In the File name format field, specify the format according to which your files will be named after the export.
For more information, see this Oracle article.
- In the Tag to label output file with field, specify a new tag name.
- To compress files using native Oracle compression, select the Enable native compression check box.
- In the Channels number numeric field, specify the number of channels to be used when retrieving Oracle databases from the backup.
- Click Export.