This section lists considerations and known limitations of Veeam Explorer for Oracle.
- When Veeam Explorer for Oracle is installed on a server on which both Veeam Backup & Replication and Veeam Backup for Office 365 are installed, the notification settings will be inherited from the Veeam Backup and Replication Global Notification settings.
- Veeam Explorer for Oracle does not support restore via PSDirect, VIX or Sphere API.
- 1-Click restore to the original location from storage snapshots is not supported.
- A point in time restore is not supported for replicas and backups stored in the DR site by backup copy jobs, nor it is supported for backups stored in a cloud repository. Such repositories cannot be used as a destination location for archived logs.
- Restore of databases from the current restore point is only supported for backups created by Veeam backup job, replication job, VeeamZIP and for imported backup and storage snapshots.
- If OS authentication on a target Oracle server is disabled, the restore of databases with enabled ASM will not be possible.
- If OS authentication on a staging Oracle server is disabled, the restore of databases with enabled ASM as of the selected transaction state will not be possible.
- Make sure that both the backed up Oracle machine and the target server to which you are restoring have the same OS patch version.
To restore Oracle databases, make sure that you have a bash shell installed on a target Oracle server.