You can launch Veeam Explorer for Microsoft SharePoint and explore the content of a backup file in any of the following ways:
- You can use the Restore application item option to explore backups created by Veeam Backup & Replication.
For more information, see the Application Items Restore section of the Veeam Backup & Replication User Guide.
- You can use the Explore option to explore backups created by Veeam Backup for Microsoft Office 365.
For more information, see the Data Restore section of the Veeam Backup for Microsoft Office 365 user guide.
- You can go to Start and click Veeam Explorer for Microsoft SharePoint to launch the application as a standalone console. Then, add Microsoft SharePoint databases manually, as described in the Standalone Databases Management section.
When launching from the Start menu, specify the following parameters:
- Specify the name or IP-address of a Veeam Backup & Replication server to which you want to connect.
- Specify the port number.
- Specify user credentials to connect to the server.
The account must be a member of the Local Administrator group on a target server. To use your current account, select Use Windows session authentication.
To save the connection shortcut to your desktop, click Save shortcut in the bottom-left corner.
In This Section