Launching Application and Exploring Backups
To open Veeam Explorer for Oracle, you can use either of the following methods:
- The Restore application item option to load backups created by Veeam Backup & Replication.
For more information, see the Application Item Restore section of the Veeam Backup & Replication User Guide.
- Go to Start and click Veeam Explorer for Oracle.
If you open Veeam Explorer for Oracle from the Start menu on a machine that is not a backup server but runs the Veeam Backup & Replication console and Veeam Explorers only, specify the following settings for connection to the backup server:
- The domain name or IP address of the backup server to which you want to connect
- The port number
- User account credentials
Consider the following:
- To perform recovery operations, Veeam Explorer for Oracle must be run with elevated permissions. The user account must be a member of the local Administrators group on the machine where Veeam Explorers Suite is installed.
- The account must have the Veeam Backup Administrator or Veeam Restore Operator role on the backup server.
To use the account under which Veeam Explorer for Oracle is running, select Use Windows session authentication.
To save the connection shortcut to the desktop, click Save shortcut in the bottom-left corner.
In This Section