You can start Veeam Explorer for Oracle in any of the following ways:
- To open Veeam Explorer for Oracle and automatically add databases to the application scope, follow the procedures described in the Obtaining Database File from VM Backup section.
- To open Veeam Explorer for Oracle as an individual application, go to Start and double-click Veeam Explorer icon.
By default, Veeam Explorer for Oracle connects to the locally installed backup server. When starting Veeam Explorer from the standalone console, you will be prompted for the following settings:
- The Veeam backup server name or IP-address. You can select it from the list of recent connections as well.
- A port number. By default, the port number is 9232.
- Credentials under which Veeam Explorer will connect to the server. If you want to use your current account, select Use Windows session authentication.
- Click Connect.
You can save the connection shortcut by clicking Save shortcut link. The shortcut will be saved to the Desktop.