Continue with this section to learn more about restoring Oracle databases and Data Guard.
Consider the following:
- Veeam Explorer for Oracle does not support restore via PSDirect, VIX or Sphere API.
- 1-Click restore to the original location from storage snapshots is not supported.
- A point in time restore is not supported for replicas and backups stored in the DR site by backup copy jobs, nor it is supported for backups stored in a cloud repository. Such repositories cannot be used as a destination location for archived logs.
- Restore of databases from the current restore point is only supported for backups created by Veeam backup job, replication job, VeeamZIP and for imported backup and storage snapshots.
- If OS authentication on a target Oracle server is disabled, the restore of databases with enabled ASM will not be possible.
- If OS authentication on a staging Oracle server is disabled, the restore of databases with enabled ASM as of the selected transaction state will not be possible.
- Make sure that both the backed up Oracle machine and the target server to which you are restoring have the same OS patch version.
To restore Oracle databases, ensure that you have a bash shell installed on a target Oracle server.
In This Section
- Restoring Database and Data Guard
- Restoring Latest or Point-in-Time State
- Restoring Oracle RMAN Backups