Before start using Veeam Explorer for Microsoft SQL Server, ensure that you have prepared your system environment accordingly:
- System Requirements. See this section to know about the system requirements.
- Required Permissions. See this section to know more about configuring your system account to be able to establish proper connections within your environment.
- Used Ports. See this section know know about the required ports that should be opened to ensure proper communication.
- Planning for Database Restore. See this section to know how you can plan you database restore using different scenarios.
- Staging SQL Server. See this section to know more about the Staging SQL server.
- Required Microsoft SQL Server Backup Job Settings. See this section to know how to configure your backup job.
- Examine Considerations and Limitations for the solution, as well as edition comparison table provided in the Licensing and Editions section.