You can launch Veeam Explorer for Microsoft SQL Server and explore the content of a backup file in any of the following ways:
- You can use the Restore application item option to explore backups created by Veeam Backup & Replication.
For more information, see the Application Items Restore section of the Veeam Backup & Replication User Guide.
- You can go to Start and click Veeam Explorer for Microsoft SQL Server to launch the application as a standalone console. Then, add Microsoft SQL databases manually, as described in the Adding Standalone Microsoft SQL Databases section.
When launching from the Start menu, specify the following parameters:
- Specify the name or IP-address of a Veeam Backup & Replication server to which you want to connect.
- Specify the port number.
- Specify user credentials to connect to the server.
The account must be a member of the Local Administrator group on a target server. To use your current account, select Use Windows session authentication.
To save the connection shortcut to your desktop, click Save shortcut in the bottom-left corner.
In This Section
- Understanding User Interface
- Understanding Mounting
- Understanding Veeam SQL Restore Service
- Viewing Database Information