Launching Application and Exploring Backups
To open Veeam Explorer for PostgreSQL, you can use any of the following methods:
- The Restore application item option to load backups created by Veeam Backup & Replication.
For more information, see the Application Item Restore section of the Veeam Backup & Replication User Guide.
- Go to Start and select Veeam Explorer for PostgreSQL.
If you open Veeam Explorer for PostgreSQL on a machine that is not a backup server but runs the Veeam Backup & Replication console and Veeam Explorers only, specify the following settings for connection to the backup server:
- Domain name or IP address of the backup server to which you want to connect
- Port number
- User account credentials
Consider the following:
- To perform recovery operations, run Veeam Explorer for PostgreSQL with elevated permissions. The user account must be a member of the local Administrators group on the machine where Veeam Explorers are installed.
- The account must have the Veeam Backup Administrator or Veeam Restore Operator role on the backup server.
To use the account under which Veeam Explorer for PostgreSQL is running, select Use Windows session authentication.
To save the connection shortcut to the desktop, click Save shortcut in the bottom-left corner.
In This Section