Step 2. Specify Restore Point
At this step of the wizard, select a state as of which you want to restore your database:
- Select the Restore to the point in time of the selected image-level backup option to load database files as of the moment when the current restore point was created.
- Select the Restore to a specific point in time option to obtain database files as of the selected point in time within the available restore period. Use the slider control to choose the point in time you need.
- Select the Perform restore to the specific transaction check box to load database files exactly as of the moment before undesired transactions.
Consider the following:
- The Restore to a specific point in time option is available only if archived log backups exist. For more information, see Required Backup Job Settings.
- The Perform restore to the specific transaction option requires a staging Oracle server. For more information, see Configuring Staging Oracle Server.