Continue with this section to learn more about restoring Microsoft Exchange data.
Consider the following:
- Veeam Explorer for Microsoft Exchange does not support restore via PSDirect, VIX or Sphere API.
- Sending objects that exceed 3MB in size may fail. To fix this issue, install this Microsoft update.
- Multiple restore is not supported for public folders. Use per-object restore.
- To restore In-Place Hold Items or Litigation Hold Items to the original location, consider the following:
- In-Place Hold Items restore is not supported for On-Premises Exchange Server 2013 due to EWS limitations.
- To restore In-Place Hold Items of Exchange 2016 mailboxes, these mailboxes must have In-Place Hold enabled and applied at least once with DiscoveryHolds system folder creation. Otherwise, restore will fail with the following error:
"Failed to restore In-Place Hold Items. Restore of In-Place Hold Items into Exchange 2013 is not supported".
For information on enabling In-Place Hold and Litigation Hold, see this Microsoft article.
To use an internet proxy server to restore backups created by Veeam Backup for Microsoft Office 365, make sure to provide appropriate proxy server address and the port number. For that, go to the Control Panel > Internet Options Connections tab, click LAN Settings, select the Use a proxy server for your LAN checkbox and specify a proxy server you want to use. Credentials for such a proxy (if needed) will be taken from the Control Panel > Credential Manager > Windows Credentials console.
Consider that this functionality is only available in Veeam Explorer for Microsoft Exchange that comes as part of Veeam Backup for Microsoft Office 365 distribution package.
In This Section