Managing Azure VM Data
For each backed-up Azure VM, Veeam Backup for Microsoft Azure creates a record in the configuration database with the following set of properties:
- Virtual Machine — a name of an Azure VM.
- Policy — a name of the backup policy that processed the Azure VM.
- Restore Points — a number of restore points created for the Azure VM.
- Latest Restore Point — the date and time of the latest restore point that was created for the Azure VM.
- Region — an Azure Region in which the Azure VM resides.
- VM Size — type of the virtual machine.
- Resource Group — a resource group that stores resources related to the processed Azure VM.
- Operating System — an operating system running on the Azure VM.
- Data Retrieval — shows whether any of the archived restore points of the Azure VM is retrieved.
- File-level Recovery URL — a link to the File Level Recovery for Veeam Backup browser.
The link appears when the restore session is started for the file-level restore process. The link contains a public DNS name of the worker instance hosting the File Level Recovery for Veeam Backup browser and authentication information used to access this worker instance.
- Tenant ID — the unique identification number of the Azure tenant where the Azure VM is deployed.
- Subscription ID — a Microsoft Azure subscription that is used to manage costs of the Azure VM.