Restoring Configuration Data
Veeam Backup for Microsoft Azure offers restore of the configuration database that can be helpful in the following situations:
- The configuration database got corrupted, and you want to recover data from a configuration backup.
- You want to roll back the configuration database to a specific point in time.
- The backup appliance got corrupted, and you want to recover its configuration from a configuration backup.
- The backup appliance went down, and you want to apply its configuration to a new backup appliance.
Before you start the restore process, stop all policies that are currently running.
To restore the configuration database, do the following:
- Launch the Configuration Restore wizard.
- Choose a backup file.
- Review the backup file info.
- Choose restore options.
- Track the restore progress.
- View the results of verification steps.
- Finish working with the wizard.
After Veeam Backup for Microsoft Azure performs configuration restore, it rescans the whole infrastructure to detect obsolete snapshots. These snapshots are then removed from the configuration database according to the specified global retention settings.