Restoring Configuration Data
Veeam Backup for Microsoft Azure offers restore of the configuration database that can be helpful in the following situations:
- The configuration database got corrupted, and you want to recover data from a configuration backup.
- You want to roll back the configuration database to a specific point in time.
- The backup appliance got corrupted, and you want to recover its configuration from a configuration backup.
- The backup appliance went down, and you want to apply its configuration to a new backup appliance.
Before you start the restore process, stop all policies that are currently running.
To restore the configuration database, do the following:
- Launch the Configuration Restore wizard.
- Choose a backup file.
- Review the backup file info.
- Choose restore options.
- Track the restore progress.
- View the results of verification steps.
- Finish working with the wizard.
After Veeam Backup for Microsoft Azure performs configuration restore, it performs a rescan of the whole infrastructure to detect obsolete snapshots. These snapshots are then removed from the configuration database according to the specified global retention settings.