Specifying Monthly Schedule
To create a monthly schedule for the backup policy, at the Schedule step of the wizard, do the following:
- Set the Monthly retention toggle to On and click Edit Monthly Settings.
- In the Monthly schedule window, select months when the backup policy will create cloud-native snapshots and image-level backups. Use the Create restore points at and Run on drop-down lists to schedule a specific time and day for the backup policy to run.
Veeam Backup for Microsoft Azure does not create image-level backups independently from cloud-native snapshots. That is why when you select months for image-level backups, the same months are automatically selected for cloud-native snapshots. To learn how Veeam Backup for Microsoft Azure performs backup, see How Backup Works.
- In the Monthly retention section, configure retention policy settings for the monthly schedule:
- For cloud-native snapshots, specify the number of restore points that you want to keep in a snapshot chain.
If the restore point limit is exceeded, Veeam Backup for Microsoft Azure removes the earliest restore point from the chain. For more information, see Retention Policy for Snapshots.
- For image-level backups, specify the number of days (or months) for which you want to keep restore points in a backup chain.
If a restore point is older than the specified time limit, Veeam Backup for Microsoft Azure removes the restore point from the chain. For more information, see Retention Policy for Backups.
- In the Repository section, select a backup repository where the created image-level backups will be stored. For a backup repository to be displayed in the Repository list, it must be added to the Veeam Backup for Microsoft Azure infrastructure as described in section Adding Backup Repositories.
- To save changes made to the backup policy settings, click Apply.