Remove Backed-Up Data
When you remove the backup appliance and all resources associated with it, backups and snapshots created by this backup appliance are not removed from you Azure account automatically. You can later import the created image-level backups of Azure VMs and backups of Azure SQL databases to a new backup appliance as described in section Adding Backup Repositories.
If you do not want to keep the backed-up data, remove it manually as described in section Managing Backed-Up Data before you uninstall the solution.
Alternatively, you can remove the data using the Microsoft Azure portal. To do this, perform the following steps:
If the resource group where an Azure VM running Veeam Backup for Microsoft Azure resides, contains more than one backup appliance, it is recommended that you remove snapshots and backups created by this appliance, as described in section Managing Backed-Up Data. Otherwise you will not be able to identify snapshots created the removed backup appliance.
- Sign in to the Microsoft Azure portal using credentials of the Microsoft Azure account that you used to install Veeam Backup for Microsoft Azure.
- Navigate to Resource groups and click the resource group where the backed-up data is stored.
- Remove the backed-up data:
- To remove backups, click a storage account where a backup repository storing the backed-up data resides. Navigate to Containers and select a container where the backups are stored. Select a check box next to the Veeam folder and click Delete.
- To remove cloud-native snapshots, select check boxes next to the the necessary snapshots. In the Delete Resources window, type Yes to confirm the action and click Delete.