Remove IAM Roles and Azure AD Applications
To remove IAM roles and Azure AD applications created by Veeam Backup for Microsoft Azure, do the following:
Do not remove the roles and Azure AD applications if they are used by other backup appliances.
- Sign in to the Microsoft Azure portal using credentials of the Microsoft Azure account that you used to install Veeam Backup for Microsoft Azure.
- Navigate to Azure Active Directory > App registrations.
- On the All applications tab, click Application (client) ID starts with and enter an application ID to the search field.
If you do not know the ID of an AD application created by Veeam Backup for Microsoft Azure to access Azure resources, navigate to Accounts, switch to the Azure Accounts or Repository Accounts tab, select the necessary account and click Edit. At the account type step of the opened wizard, select the Specify existing account option and click Next. At the next step, navigate to the Application ID field and copy the ID to the clipboard.
- On the application page, click Delete.
In the opened Delete app registration window, click Delete to confirm the action.
- Navigate to Subscriptions and click the subscription that manages costs of the backup appliance.
On the subscription page, do the following:
- Navigate to Access control (IAM) > Roles.
- Select check boxes next to the Veeam Service Account and Veeam Repository Account roles and click Remove.