Step 5. Specify Instance Settings
[This step applies only if you have selected the Restore to a new location, or different settings option at the Restore Mode step of the wizard]
At the Instance step of the wizard, configure properties of each Azure VM that you want to restore.
- Select the check box next to the necessary Azure VM and click Properties.
- In the Virtual Machine Properties window, do the following:
- From the Virtual machine size drop-down list, choose a size for the restored Azure VM. For more information on VM sizes, see Microsoft Docs.
If the size of the original VM differs from the size of the restored VM, Microsoft Azure may apply additional charges for maintaining the restored VM.
- From the Resource group drop-down list, select a resource group in which the restored Azure VM must belong.
For a resource group to be displayed in the Resource group list, it must be created as described in Microsoft Docs.
- From the Disk type drop-down list, select the type of virtual disks that will be attached to the restored Azure VM. For more information on disk types, see Microsoft Docs.
- In the Availability type section, choose whether you want to include the restored Azure VM in an availability set or to place the VM in an Availability Zone.
Availability sets allow you to distribute VMs across multiple physical hardware resources. Availability zones allow you to distribute VMs across multiple unique physical locations and to protect your data from datacenter failures. For more information on availability options for virtual machines in Azure, see Microsoft Docs.
- Click Apply.