Starting with Veeam Backup & Replication 9.5, you can empower administrators of VMware infrastructure to configure vCloud Director organization settings for the vCloud Director deployed in their environment, using Enterprise Manager web interface. For that, log in to Enterprise Manager with administrative account and take the following preliminary steps:
- Add a vCloud Director server to backup infrastructure on Veeam backup server, as described here.
- Add this Veeam backup server to Veeam Backup Enterprise Manager, as described here.
- Wait for scheduled data collection to complete, or run data collection from that Veeam backup server manually, as described here.
- Make sure the account that will be used to control vCloud Director organization settings was assigned Portal Administrator role in Enterprise Manager, as described here.
If these prerequisites are met, the vCloud tab will be displayed in the Configuration view of the Enterprise Manager web UI.
Including a vCloud Director organization in this list (except for default organization) means that its configuration is individual, different from default. Vice versa, for all organizations that do not appear in this list, default configuration settings will be applied. See the Configuring vCloud Director Organization Settings section for details.
As Veeam Backup Enterprise Manager administrator, you can perform the following actions on this tab:
- Specify a new configuration for vCloud Director organization, applying custom settings.
- Modify current vCloud Director organization settings.
- Remove vCloud Director organization from the list of managed configurations with custom settings - after that, default settings will be applied to this organization.