Step 3. Select Recovery Mode
At the Restore mode step, select a recovery mode for the VM and choose whether you want to recover VM tags.
- Select a destination for recovery:
- Select Restore to the original location to recover the VM with initial settings to the original location. If this option is selected, you will pass directly to the Summary step of the wizard.
If you recover a VM with initial settings, and the original VM still exists in the virtual infrastructure, the original VM will be removed.
- Select Restore to a new location or with different settings to recover the VM to a new location, or to any location but with different settings. If this option is selected, the Instant Recovery wizard will include additional steps for customizing VM settings.
- If you want to recover tags that were assigned to the original VM and assign them to the recovered VM, select the Restore VM tags check box. Veeam Backup & Replication will recover the VM with original tags if the following conditions are met:
- You recover a VM to the original location.
- The original VM tags are available on the source vCenter Server.