You can use Enterprise Manager to revoke a host from the license — that is, reclaim the license applied to one host and apply it to another host. This may be required, for example, in the following cases:
- A host is being rebuilt and obtains a new IP address or DNS name. In this case, the error message appears, saying “Not enough licenses. Please contact Veeam Customer Support.”
- A host to which the license is applied does not need backup or replication anymore (for example, in case it is no longer used).
In these cases, do the following to revoke a host:
- Log on to Veeam Backup Enterprise Manager using an account with the Portal Administrator role.
- Open the Configuration tab, and go to the Licensing section on the left of the Configuration view.
- Click License info on the Backup & Replication tab, then select the required host in the list and click Revoke.
If you have a per-VM license, you can use Veeam Backup & Replication console to revoke a VM from license, as described in the Veeam Backup & Replication User Guide.