Editing Job Settings
Users with the Portal Administrator role can modify settings of VMware and Hyper-V backup and replication jobs that have been previously configured on managed backup servers. In Veeam Backup Enterprise Manager, you can change only a subset of the job settings. Other job settings can be configured with the Veeam Backup & Replication console only. If you have Veeam backup servers of earlier versions added to Enterprise Manager, jobs managed by these servers cannot be modified using Enterprise Manager.
In Veeam Backup Enterprise Manager, you can change the following job settings:
- Change a job name, description and retention settings for the restore points.
- Manage a list of machines that the job should process (add and remove machines or containers, exclude individual machines from containers, change the order in which the job will process machines).
- Configure guest processing settings.
- Change a job schedule.
The changes will take effect with the next job run.
If the Location properties of the source object and target object do not match, you will receive a warning message after you finish editing. For example, you may have a backup job targeted at repository located in Sydney, and source machines located in London.
To edit job settings, run the web-based wizard:
- Open the Jobs tab and select the necessary job in the list.
- On the toolbar, click Job and expand the list of available actions.
- Select Edit.
The next sections will guide you through all steps of the wizard and provide explanation on available options.