Veeam Backup Enterprise Manager allows you to modify settings of VMware and Hyper-V backup and replication jobs that have been previously configured on managed backup servers.
This capability is not available for physical machine backups. It is available if you have Enterprise or Enterprise Plus license installed. Also, consider that using the Veeam Backup Enterprise Manager web console, you can change only some settings of the Veeam Backup & Replication jobs, as described below. If you have Veeam backup servers of earlier versions added to Enterprise Manager, note that their jobs cannot be modified using Enterprise Manager.
Working via the Veeam Backup Enterprise Manager web UI, you can change a number of job settings:
- Specify job name, description and retention settings for the restore points
- Manage the list of machines that the job should process (add and remove machines or containers to/from the list, exclude individual machines from containers, change the order in which the job will process machines)
- Configure guest processing settings
- Change the job schedule
If the Location property of the source object and target object do not match, you will receive a warning message after you finish editing. For example, you may have a backup job targeted at repository located in Sydney, and source machines located in London.
These settings will take effect starting with the next job run. Other job settings can be configured via the Veeam Backup & Replication console only.
Backup copy jobs cannot be modified via Enterprise Manager. To edit backup copy job settings, use the Veeam Backup & Replication console.
Job settings are modified by means of a web-based wizard. To run the wizard, do the following:
- Open the Jobs tab and select the necessary job in the list.
- On the toolbar, click Job and expand the list of available actions.
- Select Edit.
The next sections will guide you through all steps of the wizard and provide explanation on available options.
In This Section
- Launch the Wizard
- Edit the List of Virtual Machines
- Define Machine Processing Order
- Configure Guest Processing Settings
- Configure Job Scheduling Settings