This section describes the steps required to install Veeam Backup Enterprise Manager. You can install it either on a physical or a virtual machine, co-install it with Veeam Backup & Replication or install it separately.
Before you begin the installation process, do the following to prepare for deployment:
- Check platform-specific and system requirements. Make sure the machine where Veeam Backup Enterprise Manager will be installed meet the system requirements. For details, see System Requirements.
- Check account permissions. Make sure all accounts you will be using have sufficient permissions. For details, see Required Permissions.
- Check available ports. Communication between solution and infrastructure components requires a number of ports to be open. Carefully plan your backup strategy and infrastructure layout. For details, see Used Ports.
- Examine considerations and limitations. For details, see Considerations and Limitations. Also, check the "Known Issues" section of the Release Notes available on the Veeam web site.
- Make sure you have a license file. When installing Veeam Backup Enterprise Manager, you will be asked to specify the license file. You receive a trial license file when you register at the Veeam Software website and download the product, or a full commercial license file when you purchase the product. Without a license file, you will not be able to install the product.
- If you are upgrading your Veeam Backup & Replication deployment, start with upgrading Enterprise Manager first, and then proceed with upgrading Veeam backup server(s). If you have Veeam backup server installed on the same machine, upgrade it immediately after completing the upgrade of Veeam Backup Enterprise Manager server.
Veeam Backup Search is an optional component included in the installation package to provide backward compatibility with existing deployment. However, for a new deployment there is no need to install this extra component, since all operations related to machine guest OS file system indexing and search will be performed by Veeam's proprietary built-in indexing engine. If you need, however, to install or repair Veeam Backup Search, see Appendix B. Installing Veeam Backup Search (optional).
In This Section
- Installing Veeam Backup Enterprise Manager
- Upgrading Veeam Backup Enterprise Manager
- Uninstalling Veeam Backup Enterprise Manager