When a user submits a request for a virtual lab through Universal Recovery Wizard or Virtual Lab Manager, the request is passed to Enterprise Manager and displayed on the Requests tab. Administrators working with Veeam Backup Enterprise Manager can approve submitted lab requests, reject them or prolong the time for which a requested virtual lab should be up.
To work with lab requests, Enterprise Manager Portal Administrator role is required.
To approve a lab request, select it in the list and click Approve. Then follow the Edit Lab Request wizard steps:
- On the Lab Request step of the wizard, you can review and, if necessary, edit the virtual lab request (for example, change the time interval for which the lab should be up). To edit virtual lab request data, click the Edit request link at the bottom.
- Next, select a backup from which you want to restore items. Enterprise Manager scans all Veeam backup servers connected to it, searches for all backups with the VM specified at the previous step of the wizard, and displays these backups in the list.
- Select the restore point when the application was in the desired state. The list of restore points is formed depending on the choice the user made when submitting the virtual lab request. For example, if the user selected the Last Friday night backup option when creating the request, Enterprise Manager will display restore points created on the last Friday night, and a number of restore points closest to the matching point. If you want to display all restore points that are available for the selected backup, select the Show all available restore points check box.
- Select one of existing SureBackup jobs that you want to run to create an isolated sandbox in which the selected VM should be started. The application group and virtual lab used by this SureBackup job will be displayed in the Selected Job details section.
By default, the list of jobs displays only those jobs that contain the selected VM. If you want to display all SureBackup jobs that were created, select the Show all available SureBackup jobs check box.
- On the Summary step, review the settings you have configured for the virtual lab and click Finish. Veeam Backup & Replication will perform verification of the selected restore point.
If the specified SureBackup job is already running, Veeam Backup Enterprise Manager will check the restore point to which VMs from the application groups are started. If the point does not correspond to the point selected, Enterprise Manager will display a warning. In this case, you may need to start the SureBackup job to an earlier point in time to make sure the items you need are available there. To do this, open Veeam Backup & Replication management console, and right-click the necessary SureBackup job and select Start job to from the shortcut menu.
If the SureBackup job is not running, Enterprise Manager will launch the selected SureBackup job, start the virtual lab and run the VM with the necessary application to the restore point selected.