Restoring Oracle Databases
You can restore an Oracle database by following one of the following scenarios:
- Restore to the original location — to restore an Oracle instance to the original location with the same settings.
- Restore with custom settings — restore an Oracle instance to a new location, or to any location but with different settings.
Before You Begin
Before you restore application items, consider the following prerequisites:
- Application item restore is available in the Enterprise and Enterprise Plus editions of Veeam Backup & Replication.
- Enterprise Manager does not support application item restore from storage snapshots.
- Enterprise Manager does not support application item restore from RMAN backups.
- Enterprise Manager users can restore items to the original location or a new location within the restore scope. Users must also have sufficient permissions to restore application items. Users with the Portal Administrator role have no limitations. For more information, see Configuring Accounts and Roles.
- When you restore application items with Enterprise Manager, restore limitations listed in the Considerations and Limitations section of the Veeam Explorers User Guide are also applied.